Taxation Summary For C.A. Intermediate (IPCC) By T.N.Manoharan & G.R.Hari
We are happy to bring out the Fourth Edition of the Summary Module of Taxation. This book has been conceptualized to enable easy learning of Taxation subject for the students undergoing CA Intermediate course. It is our endeavor to ensure that the students should be able to navigate through the entire syllabus of Taxation within a reasonable time frame. With the valuable feedback from the faculties and students, in this edition, attempt has been made to ensure simplification of language to read through the voluminous portions, without creating mental stress. Learning the subject of Taxation (Income-tax, VAT, Central Sales Tax, Service Tax, Central Excise, CENVAT Credit and Customs Law), through this book, we sincerely believe, would enable the students to successfully qualify in CA Intermediate (IPC) Examination. While care has been taken to avoid unnecessary points, equal care has been taken to include all the important and currently relevant points from the examination perspective. Recent amendments madeby the Finance Act, 2016 and our suggested answers to the recently held examination on Taxation subject in November, 2016 and May 2017 have bee included for the quick revision and guidance of the students. Crisp and simplified coverage of the recently introduced “Income Computation and Disclosure Standards” would help the students to understand the complex Rules. Besides enabling a student to quickly revise the subject using this book, model question paper is also given at the end with solutions with a view to facilitate the testing and evaluating of the presentation skills of the student.
About the Book
- Summary of the entire CA Final syllabus is covered for quick revision.
- Frequency table showing chapter-wise distribution of marks in the last 5 CAIPCC – Taxation examinations.
- Amendments made by Finance Act, 2016 relevant for exams are given as separate chapter.
- Suggested answers for CA IPCC may 2016 Exam are included.
- Select illustrations are provided for better understanding of the concepts.
- Important & select questions of CA IPCC exam are included in the respective chapters. ‘
- Model Test Paper is appended to facilitate the testing and evaluation of the presentation skills
- Analysis of Past CA – Intermediate Exam Papers
- Appendix I – Recent Amendments of Finance Act, 2016
- Appendix II – Suggested Answers for CA IPCC, May 2017 Exam
- Appendix III – Suggested Answers for CA IPCC, November 2016 Exam
- Basis of Charges
- Incomes which do not form part of Total Income
- Computation of Total Income
- Income from House Property
- Profits and Gains of Business or Profession
- Capital Gains
J.l. Income from Other Sources
- Income of Other Persons, included in Assessee’s Total Income
- Aggregation of Income and Set Off or Carry Forward of Loss
- Deduction to be made in Computing Total Income
- Rebates and Relief
- Filing of Return of Income i
- Tax Deducted at Source.’
- Advance Tax
- Problems on Computation of Total Income and Tax Liability
VALUE ADDED TAX
- 17. Basic Concepts & Principles
- Input Tax Credit. Composition Scheme & Procedures
- VAT and Special Transactions
- The Central Sales Tax Act. 1956
- Service Tax Concepts and General Principles
- Taxable Services
- Exemptions and Abatements.
- Point of Taxation
- Registration. Records •. Filing of Return & Assessments
- 27. Payment of Service Tax
- Central Excise
CENV AT CREDIT
- Cenvat Credit
- Customs Duty
- Model Test Paper, t
- Suggested answers for Model Test Paper
About The Author
T.N.Manoharan, a fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), is a post graduate in commerce and a law graduate from Madras University. He is a rank holder in C.A. Intermediate Examination. He was a member of the Council of ICAI for 6 years since 2001 and held the position as its President during 2006-07. He was a visiting faculty on the subject of Taxation at SIRC of ICAI. He was also a visiting faculty of few professional and management institutions. The author has presented papers in seminars and conferences organized by various forums in the country and in international forums in abroad. He has authored various books such as “Real Estate Transactions – Tax Implications” an ICAI Publication, “Depreciation and Losses under I.T. and Company Law”, a Bombay Chartered Accountants Society Publication and “Immovable Property Transaction and Income-tax Implications”, an Andhra Pradesh Tax Bar Association Publication. He is also a co-author of the book on “Settlement Commission and Authority for Advance Rulings”. He has also authored the text book titled “Direct – Tax Laws” for C.A. Final and other professional courses. Mr. Manoharan was a member of the International Accounting Education Standards Board of the International Federation of Accountants. He was the Chairman of the committee on Education and center of Excellence of South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) Mr. Manoharan is Awarded “Padma Shri” by the President of India.
Mr. G. R. Hari, is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and a Commerce graduate from the University of Madras. He is a faculty in Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai for their Post Graduate course in Business Management Studies and corporate training programmes. He is in practice of the Chartered Accountancy profession for the past 12 years. He has presented papers in Educational Institutions and Professional forums on technical subjects.