This book is a complete treatise on the provisions of Income-tax Act, 1961 connected to computation of total income of Indian companies for assessment year 2016-17 and 2017-18. The book will be useful for taxpayers, tax officials, professionals, and those involved in understanding issues related to corporate taxation.
- Contains relevant legislative history from Assessment Year 2013-14 onwards,
- In-depth analysis of highly debatable issues with latest decisions of the Supreme Court,
- Provisions and special provisions of multiple chapters of the act in respect to each of the heads of income are brought together,
- Special and overriding provisions of the act, relevant rules, provisions of other statutes, circulars and notifications placed at relevant places,
- Special provisions applicable to business of insurance, shipping and development of patents analysed in an independent chapter,
- Separate chapter for specific provisions applicable to banks, financial and non banking financial corporations,
- Separate parts, on analysis of provisions applicable to all the heads of income and on special provisions related to tax on certain domestic companies and minimum alternate tax,
- Important circulars and notifications issued by Central Board of Direct Taxes till June 2016 incorporated.
About the Author
Shri O.P. Yadav, an IRS officer presently serving as Commissioner of Income-tax, Bengaluru. He has a vast experience of 27 years in income tax administration. He was awarded a gold medal for his best all-round performance during the probationary training by the National Academy of Direct-taxes (NADT). During his career, he headed three corporate ranges and represented corporate cases before the Income-tax Appellate Tribunal. He has been a guest faculty in NADT and its regional training institutes at Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata, and has delivered over 300 lectures on various aspects of Income-tax Act. He has also delivered lectures in eight international training courses conducted by NADT for the Inland Revenue Service Officers of Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. He was a member of the “Groups of Officers” constituted by the Central Board of Direct Taxes on “Revision of Guidelines for Compounding of Offences” and on “Systemic Requirements of Investigation, I&CI and Central Charges”.