- Contains relevant legislative history of the provisions of the Act applicable from Assessment Year 2013-14 onwards
- In-depth analysis of highly contentious issues with latest decisions of the Supreme Court
- Provisions and special provisions of multiple chapters of the Act in respect to each heads of income are brought together
- Special and overriding provisions of the Act, relevant rules and other statutes and circulars and notifications are placed at relevant places
- Special provisions applicable to business of insurance, shipping, development of patents and income from carbon credits are analysed in an independent chapter
- Separate chapter for specific provisions and Income Computation and Disclosure Standards applicable to banks, financial and non-banking financial corporations
- Separate parts or chapters on analysis of provisions applicable to all the heads of income and on special provisions related to tax on certain domestic companies and Minimum Alternate Tax
- Important circulars and notifications issued by the Central Board of Direct Taxes including on Income Computation and Disclosure Standards, till March 2017 have been incorporated.
About the Author
Shri O P Yadav, I.R.S., is presently posted as Commissioner of Income-tax at Bengaluru. He has a vast experience of 27 years in income tax administration. He was awarded a gold medal for best all-round performance during his probationary training by the National Academy of Direct-taxes (NADT). During his career, he headed three corporate ranges, represented corporate cases before the Income-tax Appellate Tribunal and handled corporate issues as Commissioner(Appeals) and as a Member, Dispute Resolution Panel. He has been a guest faculty in NADT, Nagpur, and its regional training institutes at Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata since 2004, and has delivered over 300 lectures on various aspects of the Income-tax Act. He has also delivered lectures in eight international training courses conducted by NADT for the Inland Revenue Service Officers of Sri Lanka. He was a member of the ‘Groups of Officers’ constituted by the Central Board of Direct Taxes on ‘Revision of Guidelines for Compounding of Offences’ and on ‘Systemic Requirements of Directorates of Investigation, Intelligence & Criminal Investigation and Central Charges’.