- India?s first book on service tax in 2 volumes presented in easy to follow divisions: (I) Service Tax at a Glance; (II) Law, Rules & Regulations; (III) Taxation based on the Negative List of Services; (IV) Practice & Procedure.
- Critical analysis of the amendments made during the year 2016-17
- Relevant notifications and departmental clarifications annexed to chapters.
- In-depth coverage of taxation of services based on the Negative List, Exemptions, Abatement, Reverse Charge Mechanism and CENVAT Credit under service tax.
- List of Notifications, Circulars and Trade Notices provided for quick reference.
- All statutory amendments, notable judicial pronouncements, notifications, circulars and trade notices have been adequately covered and fully updated upto March 2017
- The book is an essential reference work for assessees, practitioners, revenue officers and judges.
J K Mittal is a law graduate from Delhi University and a practicing advocate in indirect taxes specializing in service tax. He is a Fellow Member of the ICAI and ICSI. He is the Co-chairman of the National Council on Indirect Taxes, ASSOCHAM. He has also served as the Chairman of the Indirect Taxes Committee of the PHDCCI.
J K Mittal is an eminent speaker in many conferences, seminars and workshops organized by professional bodies, chambers of commerce and trade associations across the country. He has been interacting with senior government officials and raising issues relating to service tax at various forums.