About the book
The fifth edition comprehensively covers notified revised ICDS applicable to all the assessees following mercantile system of accounting and where Income is chargeable under the head “Profits and Gains of Business or Profession” or “Income from Other Sources”. All the provisions of ICDS have been analysed in the book in an exhaustive manner with a practical approach. The practical illustrations provided in Q&A Format in the book are immensely helpful to various stake holders viz professionals, practitioners, corporates, regulators, etc in understanding the complex situations in a lucid manner. The ITR forms and requirements of Tax Audit Reporting for AY 2017-18 have been comprehensively covered.
- Covers the changes in Income-tax Act proposed by the Finance Bill, 2018
- Detailed chapter on proposed ICDS on Real Estate Transactions
- Complete coverage of notified revised ICDS in Q&A format
- Practical illustrations on each ICDS
- Relevant clauses of Form 3CD (Tax Audit Report) referred
- Relevant clauses of ITRs for AY 2017-18 covered
- Exhaustive Comparison of revised ICDS with relevant Accounting Standards (AS) and Ind AS
- For convenience, text of notified revised ICDS and AS covered
About the author
Dr.N.Suresh is a Graduate in Commerce from Bangalore University and a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He did his PhD on the following subjects:
i) Taxation system and practices in India
ii) NGOs, NPOs, Legal systems and practices in India.
He has authored few books and several articles on varied topics relating to corporate laws and taxation. His recent books,
1. A Practical Approach to Taxation and Accounting of Charitable Trust, NGOs & NPOs (Second Revised Edition)
2. Interesting issues on Charitable Trusts or Institutions, NGOs & NPOs (Second Revised Edition)
3. A Practical approach to Foreign Contribution (Regulation), Act 2010.
have an exhaustive coverage on the formation, registration, procedural compliances, taxation and assessment with practical illustrations of complex topics; basics of Accounting, accounting treatments, disclosures, policies and FAQs on NGOs and NPOs; various compliances and requirements of FCRA 2010 read with FCRR 2011.
He has presented several papers and given lectures at seminars and conferences conducted by the professional bodies, study circles, various branches of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and Committee of Co-operative and NPOs sectors of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.PROF1145PROF1145