With a view to revamp its examination process, ICAI has recently announced that the paper pattern of ‘Taxation’ Subject at CA-IPC/CA-intermediate Level would be changed with effect from May 2019 attempt. Objective-type questions would carry 30% weight age whereas the remaining 70% paper would be as per the present pattern of assessment (i.e., subjective-type questions). The following instructions have been given by ICAI with respect to MCQs
- Each MCQ will have 4 options, out of which 1 option would be the correct answer.
- The 1 mark MCQs would be in the range of 10 to 16 MCQs; the 2 mark MCQs would be in the range of
- 7 to 10 MCQs.
- The MCQs will be compulsory and there would be no internal or external choice in them.
- The MCQs may be either knowledge-based or application-based. The skill level would be either
- “knowledge and comprehension” or “application and analysis”.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- No reasoning is required for answers to MCQs
In the aforesaid context, I am glad to present the 1st Edition of MCQs Booklet which comprehensively covers the relevant provisions of the Income Tax law as well as the GST law which are applicable at CA-IPC/CA-Intermediate Level. This Edition has been specifically prepared for students appearing in May 2019 and November 2019 CA-IPC/CA-Intermediate Examination of ICAI
- Introduction To Income Tax
- Incomes Exempt From Tax
- Agricultural Income
- Residential Status & Scope Of Total Income
- House Property
- Capital Gains
- Income From Other Sources
- Clubbing Of Income
- Set-Off & Carry-Forward Of Losses
- Deductions From Gross Total Income
- Filing Of Return Of Income
- Advance Tax
- Assessment .Of Firms
GOODS & SERVICE TAX
About The Author:
Vijender Aggarwal pursued his graduation in B.Com (Hons) from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University. His academic credentials include scoring 91% marks at CA-CPT level and securing All India Rank 1 at both CA-IPCC level and CA Final level, a feat rarely matched in the field of Chartered Accountancy. He also added another feather in his cap by scoring 92% marks in Paper 4: Taxation at CA-IPCC level which apparently was the highest score Pan-India in Taxation paper in CA-IPCC Nov 2010 attempt and for which he was awarded the ?Best Paper Award by ICAI. He has also been awarded the Best Paper Award’ by ICAI for his meritorious performance in Paper 5: Advanced Management Accounting and Paper 8: Indirect Taxes at CA-Final level. During his articleship stint at BMR Advisors (one of the best tax consultancy firms in India and now a part of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India, one of the Big4s), he gathered an invaluable experience of advising multinational and domestic clients across all areas of taxation, ranging from advisory and transaction structuring to compliances and litigation