Highlights of the book
- The Commentary starts after each section under the head “Guide Notes” with different sub heads like Analogous law, Overview, Relevant Rules and Forms, Circulars and Clarifications, Judicial Pronouncements, Secretarial Standard, Departure from the 1956 Act, Offence and Penalty etc, in order to give a complete picture of the section.
- The presentation of the Commentary is in a bullet form unlike the conventional way of paragraphs giving the reader a glimpse of the section at one go.
- To enhance the utility a separate division of Ready Referencer has been added comprising of the following:
- Companies Act, 1956 vis-a-vis Companies Act, 2013
- Table of Fees
- Matters requiring shareholders approval by special resolution
- Offences Compoundable
- Non-Compoundable offences
- Offences punishable for Fraud
- Secretarial Standards on Board Meetings (SS-1)
- Secretarial Standards on General Meetings ( SS-2)