• A simplified, systematic approach to the understanding of a complex subject written in a unique, simple, easy to understand language that enables a quicker grasp for the student.
• Each topic, after a theoretical exposition, is followed by plenty of illustrations with solutions to facilitate.the busy student to master the practical application of the law. Numerous problems and solutions have been given to enable the students to clearly grasp the intricate provisions. Each chapter contains theoretical and practical questions.
• A novel feature in the book is the section-wise study given in the beginning of each chapter to enable the students to make a systematic study of the law—User-friendly examination-oriented style that facilitates the comprehension in both section wise and topic wise manner
• Even the last minute changes in the law have been incorporated in the book and it is, therefore, the latest and most upto-date book for the Assessment Year 2017-2018. The amendments made by the Finance Act, 2016 have been incorporated at appropriate places in the book. The amendments made by the Finance Act, 2016 have been given by way of references in the footnotes.The Highlights of Amendments made by the Finance Act, 2016 have also been given in the beginning of the book to facilitate a quick glance to the readers about the latest.
• The book, at the end, contains CMA Inter question papers with answers to practical questions, for the last few years (answers being given as per the law applicable for A.Y. 2017-2018).
• The book is useful for the students appearing in CMA Inter and other specialised studies.
Part A — Income Tax
Chapter 1 Introduction (Sections 1 to 4)
Chapter 2 Scope of Total Income & Residential Status (Sections 5 to 9)
Chapter 3 Incomes which do not form part of Total Income (Sections 10, 10A, IOB and 11 to 13A)
Chapter 3A Computation of Total Income and Tax Liability (Sections 14, 14A, 288A and 2888}
Chapter 4 Income under the Head “Salaries” (Sections 15 to 17] Chapter 5 Income under the Head “Income from House Property” (Sections 22 to 27)
Chapter 6 Income under the Head “Profits and Gains of Business or Profession” (Sections 28 to 44D)
Chapter 7 Income under the Head “Capital Gains” (Sections 45 to 55A)
Chapter 8 Income under the Head “Income from Other Sources” (Sections 56 to 59)
Chapter 9 Income of Other Persons Included in Assessee’s Total Income (Clubbing of Income) (Sections 60 to 65)
Chapter 10 Set off or Carry Forward and Set off of Losses (Sections 70 to 80)
Chapter 11 Deductions to be made in Computing Total Income [Sections 80A to SOU (Chapter VIA}}
Chapter 12 Agricultural Income & Its Tax Treatment [Sections 2(1 A) and 10(1)] Chapter 13 Assessment of Individuals
Chapter 14 Assessment of Hindu Undivided Family
Chapter 15 Assessment of Firms
Chapter 16 Assessment of Association of Persons
Chapter 17 Assessment of Co-operative Societies
Chapter 18 Assessment of Companies
Chapter 19 Taxation of Non-Residents [Chapter XII and XIIA of the Income-tax Act] Chapter 20 Deduction and Collection of Tax at Source [Sections 190 to 206CA] Chapter 21 Advance Payment of Tax [Sections 207-211, 217 & 219] Chapter 22 Collection and Recovery of Tax [Sections 156, 220 to 232] Chapter 23 Refunds [Sections 237 to 241] Chapter 24 Tax Planning and Tax Management
Part C — International Taxation
Chapter 26 Basic concepts of International Taxation
Chapter 27 Transfer Pricing — Special Provisions Relating to Avoidance of Tax [Chapter X, Sections 92 to 92F, 93 & 94A] Chapter 28 Advance Pricing Agreements
Questions Set for CMA (Inter) Examinations with Answers only to Practical Questions
(Dec 2016 to December 2010)