This Book Titled Handbook for “The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016” is an outcome of the recent legislation, “The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016”. This Act, seeks to consolidate and amend various laws relating to Insolvency and Bankruptcy of Corporate Persons, Partnership and Individuals under a single framework to ensure quicker resolution of cases.
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has been set up under the Code to oversee the Insolvency Proceedings and regulate the Insolvency Professionals & Insolvency Professional Agencies. This Board will also conduct two types of Examinations – (i) National Insolvency Examination and (ii) Limited Insolvency Examination. In order to become an Insolvency Professional, the eligible person has to pass either the National Insolvency Examination or Limited Insolvency Examination conducted by IBBI.
This Book, caters the requirements of the Professionals to understand the New Law, and also acts as a Comprehensive Guide to Insolvency Professional Examinations. The Unique Feature of this Book is Multi Choice Questions (MCQ’s) for every section of The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
This New Book, Contains Complete Coverage of Syllabus Notified for Insolvency Professional Examinations incorporating the following Acts:
1. Relevant Chapters of Companies Act, 2013
2. The Partnership Act, 1932
3. The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
4. The Indian Contracts Act, 1872
5. Transfer of Property Act, 1882
6. The Sale of Goods Act, 1930
7. The Recovery of Debts and Bankruptcy Act, 1993
8. The Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets & Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002
9. General Awareness & Finance and Accounts