National Company Law Tribunal and National Company Law Appellate Tribunal – Law, Practice & Procedure By Prachi Manekar Wazalwar
About the book
This book will equip professionals with necessary knowledge tools to practice in NCLT/NCLAT, acting as their non-verbal guide. Whether it is oppression and mismanagement cases or winding
up/liquidation matters or mergers/de-mergers or class actions or an insolvency case, this book will help you find answers to most of your practical problems. For a new practitioner, this book will provide the necessary hand-holding for understanding the law, practice and procedure for dealing with any type of case in NCLT/NCLAT. For professionals already practicing in corporate laws, this book will prove to be invaluable in understating applicability of old case laws, resolving transitional issues arising out of transfer/abatement of existing cases, incisive analysis of new legal provisions and detailed comparison with the 1956 Act.
- Includes NCLT and NCLAT Rules notified by MCA on 21 July 2016 and commentary,
- Commentary on all the areas of practice including mergers & amalgamation, oppression and mismanagement, winding up, class action & investigation with special focus on notified sections,
- Explores new areas of practice for chartered accountants, company secretaries, cost accountants and corporate lawyers,
- Solutions to problems/questions arising out of transition from high courts, company law boards, BIFR to NCLT,
- Detailed comparison of provisions of 1956 Act with 2013 Act,
- Ready reference table containing summary of all the powers of NCLT.
About the Author
Prachi Manekar-Wazalwar is an advocate and a qualified company secretary, based out of Mumbai. She is currently a member of the core group on NCLT constituted by the ICSI. She assisted the sub-group of ICSI formed to support the Companies Law Committee on NCLT related provisions of the Companies Act, 2013. She was actively involved in the core group formed by the ICSI for giving recommendations on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code. Currently, she is the managing partner at Wazalwar & Associates specializing in corporate laws,handling a wide variety of matters including,oppression & mismanagement cases, M&A, corporate disputes, shareholder disputes, winding up cases, corporate restructuring, commercial contracts, national and international arbitration. She regularly appears at forums like the Supreme Court, high courts, NCLTs & Competition Commission. She has earlier authored two books namely “Management of Special Economic Zones” & “Insights into the New Company Law”. She has published several articles in professional magazines and journals and is frequently invited as a speaker to several conferences and seminars organized by leading professional institutes, associations and chambers on subjects like Corporate Laws, M&A, Insolvency Code, Arbitration, Construction Contracts and SEZs.