About the book
This book comprehensively discusses the provisions contained in the CGST Act, IGST Act, Compensation Cess Act, SGST Act, Revised Draft Rules and Formats, notified/released by the Government so far. The Book has been divided into three parts. Part A gives the various chapters on GST at a glance and critical study. Part B comprises commentary on the GST Provisions. Part C comprises enacted GST Acts, Revised Draft Rules and Draft Forms. This book has been written in a manner which would help the taxpayers and professionals in getting a better understanding of compliance under the new GST regime. It is a very useful referencer for professionals, corporate and regulators, as all the provisions have been explained in a lucid manner.
• CGST/IGST/SGST Act at a glance including check-lists on various compliance provisions, due dates, non-creditable supplies, penalties and offences, etc covering almost entire Act
• Two chapters on critical study on GST discussing the exceptions in seamless input tax credit, multiplicity of compliances to the multi-state entities
• Detailed commentary on various provisions through illustrations, tables and graphs
• Contentious issues arising from the CGST/SGST/IGST Laws have been discussed in the respective chapters
• Action points for smooth transition to GST
• Industry-wise impact analysis under the GST regime
• Articles amended/inserted by the Constitution (101st Amendment) Act, 2016
• Complete text of the CGST Act, IGST Act, Compensation Cess Act, SGST Act, Revised Draft Rules and Formats
About the Authors
Rakesh Garg, LLB, FCA, a graduate of Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi and a fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, has been practicing as CA for more than 30 years and has specialization in Sales Tax, VAT and Service Tax.
Sandeep Garg, CMA, FCA, a Graduate from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi and a fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, has been practicing as CA for more than 25 years.