Bloomsbury Financial Reporting & Audit Requirements Companies Act
About the book
With the Companies Act, 2013 operationalised for more than 4 years, financial reporting is a significant area for the corporates, professional, finance directors in India. The auditor’s responsibilities have become onerous and extended as compared to the erstwhile legislation. The Companies Amendment Act, 2017, which received Presidential assent on 3rd January 2018 addresses difficulties in implementation, facilitates ease of doing business, helps achieving better harmonisation with other statutes and regulations made thereunder, and rectifies inconsistencies in the 2013 Act.? This book focuses on key implementation issues with regard to financial reporting and audit requirements for companies, as per the revised provisions of the 2013 Act and the provisions of the Companies Amendment Act, 2017.? All relevant rules, notifications, circulars, forms, issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs have been analysed and discussed in the relevant topics covered by the publication in a lucid style.
- Section-wise analysis of Chapter IX ? Accounts of Companies, Chapter X ? Audit and Auditors, and other related sections with implementation issues Relevant sections of Companies Amendment Act, 2017, with related implementation issues
- Comparison of Companies Act, 2013 with the erstwhile Companies Act, 1956
- Clause-wise commentary on CARO 2016 with illustrative reporting
For ease of reference, relevant rules, notifications, circulars included in a separate CD enclosed with the publication
- Relevant announcements and clarifications issued by ICAI on Ind AS & IFRS discussed in detail along with the provisions of the 2013 Act
- Reader friendly presentation of topics through diagrams, charts and examples
Detailed checklist on financial reporting provisions under the Companies Act, 2013
Relevant references of:
Companies (Amendment) Act, 2017 with changes made in Chapters IX and X
New/revised Standards on Auditing applicable for audits of financial statements for periods beginning on or after 01 April 2018.