Bloomsbury Company Law Procedures Compliances Milind Kasodekar
Bloomsbury Company Law Procedures Compliances Milind Kasodekar
This book attempts to provide a master key to professionals connected to the Companies Act and is responsible for compliance management in an organisation. It aims at making a professional’s life simple by providing a quick review of various provisions and rules in the form of a checklist for day to day activities carried out by an organisation. Along with the procedural part, it also contains relevant references of sections, rules, applicable e-forms/returns, circulars & notifications etc. updated till date making it easier for the user to find all under one roof.
- Comprehensive list of eForms and applicable Rules along with reference of chapters and sections of the Companies Act, 2013.
- Comprehensive list of offences fines and penalties, compoundable and non- compoundable.
- Table of applicable fees to be paid under the Companies Act, 2013.
- Table of effective dates of amendments made by Companies Act, 2017 and Companies Act, 2019.
- Annual Compliance Calendar under the Companies Act, 2013.
- Transitional provisions due to COVID (Gist of notifications and references of the chapters having their impact on).
- Chapterwise elaborate and detailed coverage of:
- Checkpoints to be considered for various procedural requirements.
- Action points to be taken.
- Procedures to be followed.
- Checklists of applicable eforms.
- References of the provisions of secretarial standards issued by the ICSI (SS1 & SS2) as amended.
- References of registers to be maintained and types of resolutions under the Companies Act, 2013.
About the Author
CS Amogh Diwan is a Practising Company Secretary and corporate law researcher currently based in Pune. He is the proprietor of Amogh Diwan & Associates and Designated Partner of Efficax Consultants LLP. His areas of practice include:
- Legal research.
- Drafting and vetting of contracts and other agreements.
- Business process and technology consultancy.
- Legal advisory regarding various foreign legislations.
- Formation and management of business entities in India.
During the L.L.M. course, he was recognised by the Department of Post-graduation in Law as ‘Student Par Excellence’ and secured 5th rank in University of Pune.
While completing ‘Certificate Course in Legislative Drafting’ by Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, he was adjudged the ‘Best Legislative Drafter’. Additionally, he has completed 1 year Certificate Courses in ‘Law and Economics’ and Certificate Courses in ‘Financial Modelling’, ‘Financial Engineering & Structured Finance’ with distinction from Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune. While pursuing Company Secretary Course, he has secured All India Rank 7 (Professional stage – December 2012) and All India Rank 2 (Foundation stage – December 2010). In addition to multiple other academic achievements, he has secured A Grade in Business English Certificate Vantage (University of Cambridge).
During the year 2018, he was a member of Auditing Standards Board, ICSI Core Group to harmonise and simplify the corporate and non-corporate structures in India and the Training, Education and Facilitation Committee of Western India Regional Council of ICSI. During the year 2019, he was a member of the Library Committee of Western India Regional Council of ICSI.
He has co-authored the following books published by Bloomsbury India Professional:
- ‘The Director’s Handbook’.
- ‘Ready Reckoner on The Companies (Amendment) Act, 2017’.
- ‘Meetings – Notices, Resolutions and Minutes under the Companies Act, 2013’ (presently, 2nd edition).
- ‘Secretarial Audits under Corporate Laws and Annual Return Certification’.
Furthermore, he has been a Core Contributor for the commentary on company law, titled ‘ICSI Premier on Company Law – Volume I, Sections 1-148’. His multiple research papers, published and presented in journals, seminars (national and international) were well appreciated.
His core interests are exploring multiple aspects of company law from drafting, finance and litigation aspects with the aid of comparative analysis of foreign jurisdictions. He has delivered various sessions on provisions of Company Law as well as Law & Economics at professional programmes across the country. In addition to this, he has commenced and teaches a course on ‘Corporate Finance’ to L.L.M. students at ILS Law College, Pune since past three years.
She is also enrolled as an Insolvency Professional with IBBI (Insolvency & Bankruptcy Board of India) and is also a registered member of the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, New Delhi (Independent Directors’ databank).
She has a knowledge in the fields of Corporate Laws, Listing guide-lines and SEBI Regulations and she is an advisor to various Public and Private Limited Companies including top MNCs.
Shilpa’s areas of practice include:
- The Secretarial Audits under the Companies Act, 2013;
- Due Diligence Audits under the Company Law & compliances related to SEBI Regulations;
- Periodical Audits as per the Listing Agreements with the Stock Exchanges;
- Foreign Exchange Management laws;
- Formation and Management of JV Companies;
- Formations and management of LLPs;
- Registrations under the MSMED Act etc.
She has contributed many articles on corporate laws in ICSI’s journals and has received a Best Article for the Year Award in the year 2007, from the Pune Chapter of ICSI, for her article on “Legalization of Foreign Public Documents with reference to the Hague Conference on Private International Law (Hague Apostil Convention)”.
She is a faculty to the programmes conducted by professional institutes and has served on many committees of the Pune Chapter and the Western India Regional Council of the ICSI, since 2007.
As a Chairperson of the Committee of the Practicing Company Secretaries, in the year 2009, she undertook and successfully completed the work of publishing the revised edition of the Handbook for Entrepreneurs & Professionals, published by the Pune Chapter of the WIRC of ICSI namely “All About Private Limited Companies”.
She had been an Office Bearer of the Managing Committee of Pune Chapter of ICSI during 2011 to 2014 and has served the position of a Chairperson of Pune Chapter of ICSI in 2014.
In 2015, she was the first female Company Secretary getting elected from the Pune on the Western India Regional Council of ICSI. Recently, she has been re-elected as Member on the WIRC for the term from 2019-2022.
While as a Member WIRC, till date, She has served the position of a Secretary of WIRC of ICSI in the year 2015.
- a Vice-Chairperson of WIRC of ICSI in the year 2017.
- A Chairperson of the Training & Education Facilities committee of WIRC of ICSI in the year 2018.
- A Chairperson of the Library Committee of WIRC of ICSI in the year 2019.
- In the year, 2018 she was also appointed as member on the Auditing Standard Board of ICSI.
She is also serving as a
- Woman and Independent Director in one of the Listed Company based in Pune, Enkei Wheels (India) Limited since 2012.
- Director of Ketaki Promoters & Developers Private Limited, a Pune based company.
- She has co-authored the following books published by Bloomsbury India Professional:
- ● Secretarial Audits under Corporate Law and Annual Return certification (1st edition Feb, 2020).
- Meetings- Notices Resolutions and Minutes Under the Companies Act,2013 (1st edition March, 2019) (2nd edition March, 2020).
- Company Law Procedures with compliances & Check lists– A Practical Approach to the Companies Act, 2013 (2nd edition released in February 2017) (3rd edition released in September, 2018) (4th edition released in February, 2019) (5th edition released in February, 2020).
- Bloomsbury’s Quick Guide to tax & Corporate laws (2nd edition released in September 2017) (3rd edition released in August, 2018).
- The Director’s Handbook’ (Released in October, 2017).
- Ready Reckoner on the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2017 (Released in February, 2018)(E-book).
She is being awarded with the“Rotary Professional Excellence Award” in the category of Company Secretaries at the Rotary Fest, 2019 held at Pune.
He served the pharma and steel industry as a Cost Accountant for 4 years. In 1990, he started his practice as a Company Secretary, in Pune. He is serving the corporates as a Practicing Professional for last more than 25 years.
He is founder partner of the firm ‘KMDS & Associates’
Milind’s areas of professional interests are:
- Corporate Laws, Mergers and Acquisitions, Winding up & Liquidation of Companies.
- Appearance before various judicial and quasi-judicial authorities. including erstwhile Company Law Board, National Company Law Tribunal, Reserve Bank of India (FEMA matters), Stock Exchanges etc. Voluntary liquidation of Public and Private Limited Companies including a listed companies and taking up assignments as Liquidator in many such companies.
- Advisory services to many organisations, which includes body corporates in and outside India, Listed Companies, Unlisted Public Companies, Private Limited Companies from different types of industry.
- Corporate Commercial Arbitration.
He has been actively associated with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India for almost 2 decades. He has contributed vigorously towards the Profession of the Company Secretaries in the following roles:
1. Chairman and Managing Committee member of the Pune Chapter of the ICSI. Pune chapter was the recipient of the “Best National Award” for the first time, under his leadership.
2. Council Member and office bearer of the Western India Regional Council of ICSI Member of the Central Council of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India for the period from 2004 to 2010.
3. Chairman of the Centre for Corporate Governance Research & Training (CCGRT) Managing Committee.
4. Program Director for the National Conference for Practicing Company Secretaries held in Pune in 2009.
5. Chairman of the Information Technology (IT) Committee of ICSI and was actively involved in the most prestigious COSMIC Project of the Institute.
6. Member of Training and Educational Facilities Committee, Examination Committee, Finance Committee and Practising Company Secretaries Committee during 2007 to 2010.
7. Vice Chairman of the Building Committee of Western India Regional Council.
8. Chairman of the Research Committee at WIRC which came out with a publication of Corporate Calendar and Draft Listing Agreement.
9. Chairman of the Information Technology (IT) Committee of WIRC.
10. Member of the Secretarial Standards Board and also member of Peer Review Board of ICSI during 2014 to 2018.
He has been addressing in various Programs for the Professionals organized by the various Professional Institutions. He has also authored many articles & publications of ICSI.
He has been 13th rank holder in the Final Examination of ICAI held in the year 1985.
As a Nominated Member from the ICSI, he served on the Cost Accounting Standards Board for the years 2009 and 2010. .
Presently, he holds the position of a Director in the following Companies;
1. HU Consultancy Services Private Ltd. (A company specialized in Mergers & Acquisitions).
2. MRM Corporate Advisor Private Ltd.
He is also an Insolvency Professional registered with Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
He is eligible to be an Independent Director.
He is registered as Mediator and Conciliator with Regional Director Western Region for the territory of Maharashtra, Goa and Union territory of Daman and Diu and Regional Director North Western Region for the territory of Gujrat, Madhya Pradesh and Chhatisgarh.
He is a co-author of the Books titled as:
1. Procedures and Compliances – A Practical approach to the Companies Act, 2013.
2. Desk Referencer for Professionals.
3. The Director’s Handbook and Companies Amendment Act, 2017.
4. Meetings – Notices, Resolutions and Minutes under the Companies Act, 2013.
5. Secretarial Audits under Corporate Laws and Annual Return Certification.