Taxmann Taxation of Trusts & NGOs As Amended by Finance Act 2016 By Manoj Fogla Edition 2016
A Comprehensive Commentary on * Exemption & Taxation of Trusts & NGO * Formation & Registration of Voluntary Organisations * Trusts and Foreign Contribution(Regulation) Act. * Preventation of Money Laundering Act * FEMA and Foreign Donor Agencies As Amended by Finance Act 2016
A Comprehensive Commentary on Taxation of Trusts & NGOs
- Extensive Commentaries on Law Relating to Taxation of Trusts as amended by Finance Act, 2016 with flowcharts and illustrations.
- Practical guide with extensive judicial analysis on exemptions to business income of NGOs both under the Income Tax laws and FCRA.
- Landmark cases on ’commercialisation of education’, ’capitation fee’ and ’charitable activities’.
- Landmark cases on ’charitable purpose’ and the powers and limitations of Commissioner during registration under section 12AA.
- Extensive analysis on ’religious activities’ vis-a-vis ’charitable activity’ and vice versa.
- Extensive commentary and practical guide to the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010 including the amendments made by Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Amendment Rules, 2015.
- Various controversies and debatable issues under FCRA including FAQs.
- Law relating to International Activities both inside and outside India.
- Law relating to International NGOs working inside India.
- Procedure of registering of Trusts and NGOs under Societies Registration Act, 1860 and Companies Act, 2013 with specimen of model deed, forms and requisite documents.
- Corpus Funds, Corpus Donations, Endowment Funds, etc.
- Procedure of Meeting and Resolutions for Trusts and NGOs with specimen and formats of various forms and resolutions.
- Overview of Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Analysis of Service Tax provisions applicable to NPOs and CSR Contracts.
About the Author
Manoj Fogla : The Author is a fellow member of fhe Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He also holds Bachelors Degree in Law and Masters Degree in Philosophy. He specialises in governance, accountability, legal & finance issues related to voluntary organisations. He is consultant to various international funding agencies, voluntary organizations and corporate entities. He is an expert on governance and accountabilities issues, he has evaluated and provided accompaniment support to more than 100 national and international NGOs in various parts of Soufh Asia. He is the author and faculty of the Governance & Legal Modules of the e-based NGO management diploma degree run by Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai and Financial Management Service Foundation (FMSF), New Delhi. He is also the author and faculty of the dedicated e-based Governance course run by FMSF, India. He is actively engaged in providing experts and technical services on Legal, Governance and Finance issues in various parts of South Asia.
He is also the principal author of the monthly governance news letter “Governance and Disclosures'” published by Credibility Alliance, India. This news letter can be downloaded from www.credibilityalliance.org. He is also the principal author of the fortnightly legal news letter “Standards & Norms” on legal, governance and financial management issues published by FMSF, India. This news letter can be downloaded from www.fmsfindia.org.
9th Edition 2016