Subhash Lakhotia’s Tax Planning for NRIs is a comprehensive book that provides practical guidance to non-resident Indians in the matter of planning their residential status and availment of maximum exemptions, deductions, and other tax concessions available under Income tax law as amended by the Finance Act, 2016 together with the essential aspects of practical relevance to NRIs as per FEMA.
- Thoroughly updated and upgraded with latest amendments of the Income Tax Act, 1961,
- Relevant rules and regulations under FEMA,
- Tax exemptions under Income Tax Act, 1961,
- Special tax deductions and rebates available to NRIs,
- How to avoid clubbing of income and wealth,
- How NRIs can tax-proof their capital gains,
- Procedure for filing and assessment of NRIs tax returns,
- Benefits of banking your money in India,
- Permissible and non-permissible investments for NRIs under FEMA (Foreign Exchange Management Act),
- Thorough coverage of assessment process of different taxpayers such as individuals, HUFs, Companies and Non-residents,
- Distinct chapter on penalties, prosecutions and tax refunds,
- Ready reference chart of Income tax rates for A.Y, 2017-18,
- Includes practical illustrations to elucidate complicated provisions.