- This thematic commentary provides comprehensive coverage of operational and regulatory aspects of banking industry.
- Analyses various aspects of the banking sector including (I) Credit policy, (II) Audit & inspection, (III) Dishonour of cheques, (IV) Loans and advances, (V) Guarantee, Securities, (VI) Digitalisation of banking platforms, (VII) developments in regulations relating to Non-performing asset (NPAs) Management, (VIII) introduction of e-banking services and products and practical problems pertaining to the same
- Incorporates important legislative & other developments with respect to (I) The Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016, (II) SARFAESI, SICA and Bankruptcy code, (III) Enforcement of Security Interest and Recovery of Debt laws and Miscellaneous Provisions (Amendment) Act, 2016, (IV) International Banking Unit
- Incorporates significant judicial decisions on key enactments including Banking Regulation Act 1949; Negotiable Instruments Act 1881; SARFAESI Act 2002; and Debt Recovery Tribunal Act 1993.
- Includes revised forms and latest circulars and notifications issued by the RBI.
- Contains quick reference tables, comparative tables, illustrative figures for ease of understanding.
- The book is a must buy for Legal practitioners specializing in banking law, law firms specializing in banking law, Banking Institutions, Company Secretaries, Chartered Accountants, Research Scholars & academicians, Libraries of Supreme Court/ High Courts/ Tribunals and also for students preparing for competitive bank exams such as: JAIIB/ CAIIB, AIBE.
- All statutory and case law pertaining to significant changes and developments in the banking landscape have been incorporated in this edition.
- Includes all the relevant statutes and regulations with section-wise comments on the critical enactments such as Banking Regulation Act, Negotiable Instruments Act, and State Financial Corporation Act.