The second edition of GST–Concept & Roadmap has been thoroughly revised and updated in view of the various reports and the Model GST and IGST Laws, 2016 released by the Government of India. This edition gives an insight into the emerging issues in the implementation of the GST as well as concerns after its implementation. It discusses Indian model of GST as well as best international practices. This book will be useful for professionals as well as general readers.
- Elucidates the concept of GST in a simplified and lucid manner
- Includes newly added chapters on business process for GST registration, payment, return, refund and provisions of the Model GST and IGST Laws, 2016 released by the Empowered Committee of the State finance ministers
- Executive summary and analysis of the Model GST and IGST Laws, 2016 in a nutshell
- Vast coverage of the proposed Indian model of GST as well as best international practices
- Discusses various domains of GST like Inter-state Taxable Supply, Exemption and Exclusion, Determination of Revenue Neutral Rate (RNR), Meaning of Supply, Place of Supply of Goods and Services, Time of Supply
- Comparative study of the 115th Constitutional Amendment Bill, 2011 and 122nd Constitutional Amendment Bill, 2014
- Wide analysis of the amendments made in 122nd Constitutional Amendment Bill, 2014 in the context of GST
- Detailed explanation of IT infrastructure which is a prerequisite for GST
- Conceptual discussion on taxability of inter-state transactions under the IGST along with various mechanisms for dispute settlement
- FAQs are added at the end of chapters to summarise the concepts in a simplified manner
- Practical case studies on the Pre and Post impact analysis of GST on cement industry for in depth analysis of the taxation structure of the sector
- Pragmatic approach through illustrations for easy understanding of the GST framework, its basics, and business processes
- Appendices include important reports and discussion papers, such as Report on Joint Committee on Business Processes for GST on GST Registration, Payment Process, Return and Refund Process for the GST, the Model GST and IGST Laws, 2016
About the Author
CA Atul Kumar Gupta is heading a learning portal on service tax, named, www.servicetax.net. He has over 16 years of experience in the field of service tax and an in-depth business specific knowledge with excellent ability to deliver. He is the Central Council Member of ICAI, Chairman of Committee on Information Technology of ICAI, Member of AIMA and Member of Regional Advisory Committee of Service Tax for CBEC. He has represented ICAI before the Association of Corporate Treasurer, London, CIOT London, Financial Reporting Council, London and ICAEW, Ireland. He remained the Chairman of Indirect Tax Committee of ICAI for a period of two consecutive years, i.e. 2014-15 and 2015-16. He has authored several books, including Comprehensive Guide to Service Tax (14th edition), Refunds in Service tax, and CENVAT Credit Rules 2004. He is also a founder of Do You Know Series-a weekly newsletter on updates for indirect taxes.