Environmental Law in India, 4e is specially designed for students pursuing the three year or five year degree course in law in different education institutes including national law schools. With its comprehensive and exhaustive coverage on this area of law, it is expected to also serve as a useful reference for practising lawyers, social activists, researchers and students working in various fields, such as, human rights, as also the students of law and environment.
The book exhaustively deals with the constitutional mandate for environmental protection, judicial review of decisions affecting environment, problems hovering around Bhopal gas tragedy and litigation connected therewith, environment impact assessment and public participation in the assessment process. This book contains a qualitative analysis of the laws relating to the field, with references to international conventions wherever necessary and the growing jurisprudence evolved by the judiciary.
New to the Edition
- The fourth edition incorporates changes in law that took place after the third edition was published
- Incorporates the landmark judgments delivered by the Constitutional courts in India
- Includes an exhaustive discussion and a critical dialogue on such landmark judgments
- Discusses the laws that were amended and examines the impact of such changes on the legal system
- The book is completely updated in respect of all relevant legislations, case law and judgments
- Provides critical analysis of judgments, in addition to providing the ratios and doctrines laid down there in
- Discusses the subject with a comparative analysis approach and also provides perspective prevailing in different jurisdictions
- Refers to essential International conventions and treaties relevant to the subject
About the Author
P Leelakrishnan is PhD in Administrative Law from London School of Economics (LSE). He also taught law at Cochin University of Science and Technology for 30 years. As head of the department, Dean and Emeritus Fellow in Cochin University School of Legal Studies, he has authored several books and research papers. He has had a versatile career as a lawyer, researcher, writer and professor.