Lexis Nexis Compulsory English (Qualifying Paper on English Language) [Civil Services (Main) Examination] By Showick Thorpe Edition 2016
- Over 200 essays, over 50 précis, and over 40 passage comprehension samples
- Thought Extensions to enrich the ideas for essay writing
- 16 format driven exercises with a total of 262 sets of questions
- Grammar questions from 14 original UPSC-IFS question papers
- 19 solved original qualifying Compulsory English language question papers
Compulsory English for Civil Services Main Examination is a comprehensive text for aspirants of Civil Services and various states’ PSC examinations. Mapped to the UPSC syllabus, the text covers essays, précis writing, comprehension, grammar with application, and vocabulary. The detailed study material is embedded with practice exercises including original solved papers (1997¬2015) and grammar questions from the original UPSC – IAS and IFS question papers. It is a ready reference book as well as a practice workbook, for those requiring to brush up their language aspects and to enhance their test taking skills as per the format of the examination.
About the Author
Showick Thorpe is a national expert on competitive examinations in India. He owns THORPES®, a quality based knowledge-content brand, and manages it through his company V&S Thorpes Education. His company is a pioneer in the creation, procurement and delivery of test-prep content for various publishers and coaching institutes dealing in competitive examinations. He has authored more than 100 books in English, Hindi and Bangla languages, catering to various competitive examinations and career development.
New to the Edition
- Inclusion of UPSC Compulsory English solved paper for the year 2015
- Solved grammar exercises from English language paper of 2013, 2014 and 2015 of UPSC-IFS examination
- Enrichment of the essays through incorporation of new information
- Increase in word limit of essays from 250 to 600, with an objective to bring them in consonance with new pattern of examination
2nd Edition 2016