Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) refers to tax avoidance strategies that exploit gaps and mismatches in tax rules to artificially shift profits or erode taxable base to low or no-tax locations. The BEPS package provides 15 Actions that equip governments with the domestic and international instruments needed to tackle such tax avoidances. This book on BEPS has been specifically designed to provide a comprehensive overview of all the 15 Action Plans and the measures suggested by OECD/G20 through the final reports released last year in October 2015 including the impact of BEPS on Indian Economy and the measures adopted by India to address BEPS.
- Provides an overview of global developments that have an impact on corporate tax matters
- Identifies the key principles that underlie the taxation of cross-border activities, as well as the BEPS opportunities these principles may create
- Probes into the issues that leads to BEPS and recommends the best option to address the BEPS
- Accentuates the options as suggested in these reports & provide appropriate guidance on how these measures can be implemented to address the BEPS
- Elucidates the Actions from Indian prospective and identifies how Indian government is transitioning these measures into domestic tax laws
- Highlights the new Minimum Standards as provided in these reports
- Pragmatic approach through illustrations for easy understanding of the issues & their impact
About the Author
CA Akshay Kenkre is Founder, Director and Head of TransPrice, an entity focused on providing advisory, compliance and representation services in the transfer pricing domain. He is a Chartered Accountant with over ten years of practical experience in the field of auditing, finance, taxation and transfer pricing. During his career, he was associated with PwC and E&Y and has also served a host of clients in various sectors like iron and steel, pharmaceuticals, information technology, media and entertainment, travel. A regular contributor to articles on issues and cases in transfer pricing, he has also provided training on accounting and tax matters at various forums.
CA Akshay Kenkre
1st , 2016