- A simplified, systematic approach to the understanding of a complex subject written in a unique, simple, easy tounderstand language that enables a quicker grasp for the student.
- Each topic, after a theoretical exposition, is followed by plenty of illustrations with solutions to facilitate the busy studentto master the practical application of the law. Numerous problems and solutions have been given to enable the students toclearly grasp the intricate provisions. Each chapter contains theoretical and practical questions.
- A novel feature in the book is the section-wise study given in the beginning of each chapter to enable the students to make a systematic study of the law & User-friendly examination-oriented style that facilitates the comprehension in bothsection wise and topic wise manner.
- Even the last minute changes in the law have been incorporated in the book and it is, therefore, the latest and most upto-date book for the Assessment Year 2017-2018. The amendments made by the Finance Act, 2016 have been incorporated at appropriate places in the book. The Highlights of Amendments made by the Finance Act, 2016 have also been given in the beginning of the book to facilitate a quick glance to the readers about the latest.
- The book, at the end, contains CA Inter /IPCC question papers for the last few years, with answers to practical questions (answers being given as per the law applicable for A.Y. 2017-2018).
- The book is useful for the students appearing in CA Inter /IPCC and other specialised studies. It will also be useful for graduate/post graduate students of various Universities and Management Institutes as well as the Departmental examinations of the Income-tax Department.
About the Author
Dr. GIRISH AHUJA did his graduation and post-graduation from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi and was a position holder. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and was a rank holder both in the Intermediate and Final Examinations of the Institute. He was awarded a Ph.D. degree by Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi University. He is a visiting faculty member of the ICAl, ICSI, ICAI (CMA) and various management institutes. He had been nominated for six years by the Government to the Central Council of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. He was member of the Accounting Standard Board of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for three years. He is a member of the Direct Tax Committee and Special Invitee to International Taxation Committee of ICAI. He has a vast and rich experience in the field of finance and taxation. He is an independent director of many reputed companies.
Dr. Ahuja has addressed more than 2500 seminars organized by the various branches of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
He is the co-author of over twenty books on Direct Taxes for students and many popular books for professionals, the main ones being Concise Commentary on Income Tax, Direct Taxes Ready Reckoner, Direct Taxes Law and Practice (Professional Edition), Guide to Deduction of Tax at Source, Taxation of Capital Gains, Guide to Depreciation, Taxation of Salaried Persons, Individuals & HUFs, etc. His publications on Taxation (for CA Inter), Direct Taxation (for CMA Inter), Tax Laws & Practice (for CS Exec.) and Direct Taxes Law & Practice (for CA, CS, CMA Final) are among the bestsellers for students pursuing these professional studies.
Dr. Ravi Gupta did his graduation and post-graduation from Shri Ram College of Commerce. Thereafter, he did LL.B. from Delhi University and MBA (Finance) from Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi. He has been awarded a Ph.D. degree in International Finance by the Delhi University. He is a faculty member at Shri Ram College of Commerce (Delhi University) and also has vast practical experience in handling tax matters of trade and industry. He has been a visiting faculty member at The Indian Law Institute, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, MFC (South Campus, Delhi University), MDI and various other Management Institutes. He has addressed more than 2000 seminars on Direct Taxes organized by ICAI, Chambers of Commerce, Universities, etc. He has been appointed by the Government of India as a member of the Committee constituted for Simplification of Income Tax Act. He is an independent director of many reputed companies.