This book deals with the regulatory framework of Foreign Exchange laws in India viz, Foreign Exchange Management Act, Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010, Prevention and Money laundering Act 2002 and Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015 and others.
The book provides deep insight into Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999. It contains section wise commentary of all the Sections under FEMA. All the Regulations and Rules under FEMA have been comprehensively discussed and have been divided, based on entity to which it is applicable. All the entities under the Act viz limited liability partnership, Foreign Institutional Investors, Non-resident Indians, Residents, Corporate entities, AIFs, REITS, InvITs, Foreign Venture Capital Investor etc have been duly covered. The Balance Sheet approach has been adopted in this publication, to ease the understanding of the applicability of various provisions of FEMA, 1999 to a company. Every heading of Balance sheet has been taken into account and related to the provision under FEMA, making it easier to understand the law.
It incorporates a comprehensive and meticulous coverage of all new topics including ‘FDI in Investment Vehicles’, ‘Rupee denominated Bonds’ ‘FDI in start-up’ etc.
The book comprises of Case studies, Checklists, illustrations and practical guidance into all most all the provisions under the Act. It includes pictorial representation of the various Regulations and Rules for ease of reference. An exhaustive list of certification to be done by CA/ CS/ CWA under the FEMA has also been added for guiding the practitioners.
The exhaustive database compiled in this publication including all Master Circulars, Master Directions, Regulations, Rules, Notifications, AP DIR Circulars, FDI Policy and Forms relating to FEMA makes it a “One Stop Solution” for all the queries relating to FEMA. The brief summary of Regulations and Rules along with the Glossary of all the terms used under the Act, makes the interpretation simpler. The historical data dating back from 1999 to 2015 for the Notifications and AP (DIR) Circulars issued by the RBI have been compiled and provided in the CD attached, for the reader’s convenience.
This book is a practical guide on FEMA and all the practitioners dealing with the subject including the Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, Cost Accountants, Lawyers Authorised dealer Banks, MBAs will surely find it to be of great value.
- Section wise commentary under FEMA
- Entity wise description of applicability of provisions of FEMA
- Commentary and compliance guidance on Rules and Regulations under FEMA along with FAQs
- Foreign Exchange Management Act, Rules and Regulations duly amended up till 1 July 2016
- Containing CD with all Notifications and AP (DIR) Circulars from 1999 till 2015
- Latest Notifications, A.P. DIR Circulars, Masters Circulars 2016-17 for FEMA
- Foreign Direct Investments Policy of 2016 along with Press Releases
- Foreign contribution Regulation Act, 2010 along with amended Rules and Regulations
- Prevention of Money laundering Act, 2002 along with amended Rules and Regulations
- Other allied laws effecting Foreign Exchange legislation in India
- Relevant Forms under FEMA
About the Author
CA. Sudha G. Bhushan is practicing Chartered Accountant, who has been providing guidance to her clients on the subject for more than a decade. With her in depth knowledge and exposure in the field, she has put emphasis on all the practical aspects under the Act and compliance guidelines. No other book provides such a comprehensive and meticulous coverage of the Act in the manner put by Author.