About the book
This book attempts to provide a master key to professionals connected to the Companies Act and is responsible for compliance management in an organisation. It aims at making a professional’s life simple by providing a quick review of various provisions and rules, in the form of a checklist for day to day activities carried out by an organisation. Along with the procedural part,& notifications etc.
About the Authors
CS Milind Kasodekar, FCS, ACMA, LL.B., B.Com. is a founder and managing partner of the Pune based firm of practicing company secretaries, ‘MRM Associates’.
He served the pharma and steel industry as a cost accountant for 4 years and in 1990, he started his practice as a company secretary, in Pune. He has been serving the corporates as a practicing professional for more than 25 years.
His areas of professional interests are corporate laws, mergers and amalgamations, winding up & liquidation of companies and he has successfully handled various cases of voluntary liquidation of public and private limited companies including listed companies. He acts in the capacity of a liquidator to many such companies.
He regularly appears before various statutory offices, including Company Law Board, Reserve Bank of India (FEMA matters), Stock Exchanges etc. and has also acted as an arbitrator.
He also provides advisory services to many organisations including listed companies, unlisted public companies, and private limited companies in and outside India.
He has been associated with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India for almost 2 decades and has contributed vigorously towards the profession of the company secretaries;
- He was a member of the Managing Committee of ICSI, Pune during 1998 to 2003,
- He was the Chairman of ICSI, Pune in 2000 and the Pune Chapter of ICSI received the “Best National”
- He served as a Regional Council Member of the Western India Regional Council of ICSI during 2004,
- He was an elected member of the Central Council of the ICSI, Pune from 2007 to 2010,
- He has served various committees of the ICSI such as: Award” for the first time, under his leadership;
- 2006 and was a Treasurer in the year 2006,
- Chairman of the Centre for Corporate Governance Research & Training (CCGRT) Managing,
- Committee for the year 2010,
- Program Director for the National Conference for Practicing Company Secretaries held in Pune in 2009,
- Vice Chairman of the Building Committee of Western India Regional Council in the year 2009,
- Chairman of the Information Technology (IT) Committee of Council for the years 2007 to 2009 and initiated and almost completed, the most prestigious COSMIC project of the Institute,
- Chairman of the Research Committee at WIRC for the year 2005 which came out with a publication of Corporate Calendar and Draft Listing Agreement,
- Chairman of the Information Technology (IT) Committee of WIRC for the years 2004 & 2005,
- Member of Training and Educational Facilities Committee, Examination Committee, Finance,Committee and Practising Company Secretaries Committee during 2007 to 2010.
Presently, he is a member of the Secretarial Standard Board and also a member of the Peer Review Board of ICSI since 2014. He also acts as a faculty member for various programs organized by professional institutes and has also authored many articles & publications of ICSI. As a nominated member from the ICSI, he served on the Cost Accounting Standards Board of ICWAI for the year 2009 and 2010. He also holds directorships with various companies.
Shilpa Dixit, FCS, LLB, B.Com is a senior partner in Pune based firm MRM Associates, Companies Secretaries with more than 14 years of experience in practice. She has expertise in the fields of Corporate Laws, Listing guide-
lines and SEBI Regulations and is an advisor for to various Public and Private Limited Companies including top MNCs. Shilpa’s core competency and area of expertise are:
The Secretarial Audits under the Companies Act, 2013;
Due Diligence Audits under the Company Law & compliances related to SEBI Regulations;
Periodical Audits as per the Listing Agreements with the Stock Exchanges;
Foreign Exchange Management laws;
Formation and Management of JV Companies;
Formations and management of LLPs;
Registrations under the MSMED Act etc.
She regularly contributes articles on corporate laws in institute journals and speaks at the conferences organized by the ICSI. She has received a Best Article for the year Award in the year 2007, from the Pune Chapter of ICSI, for her Article on “Legalization of Foreign Public Documents with reference to the Hague Conference on Private International Law (Hague Apostil Convention)”. She is a regular faculty to programmes conducted by professional institutes and has served on many committees of the Pune Chapter of the ICSI, since 2007.
As a Chairman of the Committee of the Practicing Company Secretaries, in the year 2009, she undertook and successfully completed the work of publishing the revised edition of the Handbook for Entrepreneurs & Professionals, published by the Pune Chapter of the WIRC of ICSI namely “All About Private Limited Companies”
She had been an Office Bearer of the Managing Committee of ICSI, Pune during 2011 to 2014 and was appointed as Chairman of ICSI, Pune 2014. In 2015, she served the position of a Secretary of WIRC of ICSI. Presently, she is a member of the India Regional Council of ICSI. She also holds several directorships as an Independent Woman Director in listed and non-listed companies.