Bharat Professional Approach to Direct Taxes Law & Practice By Girish Ahuja, Ravi Gupta For CA/CS/CMA Set of (2 Volumes) Applicable For November 2016 Exam
Out of stock
About the book
- A comprehensive and critical study of the law relating to Income-tax and wealth-tax written in a unique, simple, easy to understand language that enables a quicker grasp for the reader.
- The book is “user-friendly” and provides information in a concise manner to save valuable time of the readers so that, they may, whenever required, refer to the desired case law or relevant circular, etc. on the subject.
- Each proposition is supported by decisions of the Supreme Court and the High Courts and also the relevant circulars of CBDT.
- Important case laws reported have been included.
- Selected problems from the examinations of all the three Professional Institutes viz. ICAI, ICSI and ICWA have been included with solutions as per law applicable for Assessment Year 2016-2017.
- Even the last minute changes in the law have been incorporated in the book and it is, therefore, the latest and most upto-date book for the Assessment Year 2015-2016. The amendments made by the Finance Act, 2016 have been incorporated at relevant places in the book. The amendments made by the Finance Act, 2016 have been given by way of Appendix at the end of the book to help the readers to refer to them at a glance.
- The book will be found useful for the Professionals, Income-tax Department, Students of Professional Institutions, Management Institutes, Universities and for the examinations of the Income-tax Department.
Chapter 1. Introduction (Sections 1 to 4)
Chapter 2. Scope of Total Income & Residential Status (Sections 5 to 9)
Chapter 3. Incomes which do not form part of Total Income (Sections 10, 10A, 10B and11 to 13A)
Chapter 4. Heads of Income (Section 14) and Income under the Head “Salaries” (Sections 15 to 17)
Chapter 5. Income under the Head “Income from House Property” (Sections 22 to 27)
Chapter 6. Income under the Head “Profits and Gains of Business or Profession”(Sections 28 to 44D)
Chapter 7. Income under the Head “Capital Gains” (Sections 45 to 55A)
Chapter 8. Income under the Head “Income From Other Sources” (Sections 56 to 59)
Chapter 9. Income of Other Persons Included in Assessee’s Total Income (Clubbing of Income)(Sections 60 to 65)
Chapter 10. Unexplained Cash Credits, Investments, money, etc. (Sections 68 to 69D)
Chapter 11. Set off or Carry Forward and Set off of Losses (Sections 70 to 80)
Chapter 12. Deductions to be made in Computing Total Income [Sections 80A to 80UChapter VIA)] Chapter 13. Agricultural Income & Its Tax Treatment [Sections 2(1 A) and 10(1)] Chapter 14. Assessment of Individuals
Chapter 15. Assessment of Hindu Undivided Family
Chapter 16. Assessment of Firms
Chapter 17. Assessment of Association of Persons
Chapter 18. Assessment of Co-operative Societies
Chapter 19. Assessment of Trusts (Sections 11 to 13)
Chapter 20. Taxation of Mutual Association (Section 24A)
Chapter 21. Assessment of Companies
Chapter 22. Tonnage Tax System (Sections 115VA to 115VZC)
Chapter 23. Taxation of Non-Residents (Chapter XII andXIIA of Income-tax Act)
Chapter 24. Return of Income and Procedure of Assessment (Sections 139 to 154)
Chapter 25. Search & Seizure and Special Procedure for Assessment of Search Cases (Sections 132, 132A, 132B, 133A, 153A to 153C and 158B to I58BH)
Chapter 26. Deduction and Collection of Tax at Source (Sections 190 to 206CA)
Chapter 27. Advance Payment of Tax (Sections 207-211, 218 & 219)
Chapter 28. Interest Payable by/to Assessee (Sections 201(1 A), 220(2), 234A to 234C & 244A)
Chapter 29. Refunds (Sections 237 to 241)
Chapter 30. Settlement of Cases (Sections 245A to 245L)
Chapter 31. Advance Rulings (Sections 245Nto 245V)
Chapter 32. Appeals & Revision (Sections 246 to 264)
Chapter 33. Penalties and Prosecutions
Chapter 34. Income Tax Authorities (Sections 116 to 119)
Chapter 35. Business Reorganisation (Sections 116 to 119)
Chapter 36. Double Taxation Relief (Sections 90 to 91)
Chapter 37. Concepts of tax-planning and specific management decisions
Chapter 38. Special Provisions Relating to Avoidance of Tax (Chapter X, Sections 92 & 93)
Chapter 39. Specified Domestic Transactions and Provision of Transfer Pricing Applicable to such Transactions (Chapter X, Sections 92BA, 92, 92C, 92D, 92E & 92F)
Chapter 40. Liability in Special Cases (Chapter XV, Sections 159 to 179)
Chapter 41. Collection and Recovery of Tax (Section 220 to 232)
Chapter 42. Miscellaneous Provisions
Appendix 1 – Important Recent Judicial Decisions/Circulars
Appendix 2 – Income Computation and Disclosure Standards
About the Authors
Dr. Girish Ahuja [M. Com, Ph.d] He has been teaching Direct Taxes to students at various levels for more than 35 years. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and was placed in the merit list of both Intermediate and Final Examinations of the Institute. He is a senior faculty member of Shri Ram College of Commerce (Delhi University) and also visiting faculty member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) and various management institutes.
Dr. Ravi Gupta [LL.B, MBA, Ph.D] He is a faculty member at Shri Ram College of Commerce (Delhi University) and also has vast practical experience in handling tax matters of trade and industry. He has been a visiting faculty member at The Indian Law Institute, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, MFC (South Campus, Delhi University), MDI and various other Management Institutes.
DR. GIRISH AHUJA & DR. RAVI GUPTA
34th Edition July 2016
Bharat Law House