This book has been specially designed for the students appearing in CA (Final)
Examination of ICAI. It has been written in accordance with the latest syllabus
prescribed by ICAI for Paper 4: Corporate and Allied Laws.
• The simplified language used in this Book would make the study simple and
• The Companies Act, 2013 has been included in this Book only to such extent as has
been made applicable by ICAI for May, 2016 Exams as per ICAI Announcement
dated 2nd January, 2016
• The provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 which are applicable for May, 2016 exams
have also been included.
• Amendments made by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2015 and Notification
issued by MCA on 5th June, 2015 have not been included in this edition as these
are not applicable for May, 2016 exams.
• Flowcharts have been included in the Book to facilitate concept clarity and quick revision
• Tabular and Graphic presentations, point-wise discussion, use of headings and
simplified language would facilitate easy understanding and learning.
• The Book has been abridged by eliminating the Practical Problems asked in
Past Exams and including only the Points rather thatn detailed discussion.
For comprehensive coverage of the subject, students
may refer to Bestword’s Corporate and Allied Laws (Questions and Answers)
by CA Munish Bhandari.
• The book includes a ‘Trend’ showing distribution of marks in Past 10 CA (Final)
• This Edition includes all the Amendments, Notifications and Circulars applicable
for May 2016 Exams.
• This Book has been updated and Amended as on 1st November 2015, and is applicable
for May, 2016 CA (Final) Exams.
Chapter I – Directors ,Chapter 2 – Board Meetings, Chapter 3 – Inter-Corporate Loans and Investments, Chapter 4 – Accounts of the Company, Chapter 5 – Audit of Accounts, Chapter 6 – Inspection and Investigation, Chapter 7 – Sole Selling Agents, Chapter 8 – Compromises, Arrangements and Amalgamation of Companies, Chapter 9 – Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement, Chapter 10 – Winding Up, Chapter 11 – Government Companies, Chapter 12 – Foreign Companies, Chapter 13 – Miscellaneous Provisions of the Companies Act, 1956, Chapter 14 – Secretary and Secretarial Practice, Chapter 15 – Producer Companies, Chapter 16 – Divisible Profits and Dividend, Chapter 17 – The Banking Regulation Act, 1949, Chapter 18 – The Insurance Act, 1938, Chapter 19 – The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 1999 ,Chapter 20 – The Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002, Chapter 21 – The Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act 2002, Chapter 22 – The Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956,Chapter 23 – The Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, Chapter 24 – The Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999,Chapter 25 – The Competition Act, 2002,Chapter 26 – Interpretation of Statutes
About the author
CA Munish Bhandari is a first class graduate from Delhi University. He passed both the Groups of CA (Intermediate) and
CA (Final) Examinations in First Attempt. He is a qualified Company Secretary also. His Books for CA Intermediate (IPC)
and CA (Final) have always been the ‘Favourites’ among the Students. The Handbook and the Question and Answer Book
written by him have been the bestsellers since their launch(A unique Book in Tabular Format). CA Munish Bhandari has
been teaching Business Law and Corporate Law in Delhi since last 12 years. The knowledge, teaching experience and
expertise of CA Munish Bhandari helps the students in developing a thorough understanding of law and excel not only in
exams but also in practical life. He has specially designed a Workbook for the students attending his classes. The coverage
in the Workbook and his classes is very comprehensive including Interpretation of Bare Act, Solving self-created examples
and Illustrations, Fill-ups, Making Flowcharts and Answering Practical Problems asked in past CA Examinations.